Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Holy Eureka - I FOUND IT!

After 2 years of asking around and researching, I finally found a natural source for spring water in my area! My friend, JS Ohlander of FindaSpring.com, gave me a heads up that he'd heard about a spring in Broken Arrow, OK, which is just over 30 minutes from my house. So, today I loaded up my water jugs and took a little road trip east to see what I could find. Here's a clip:


The health benefits of spring water have been widely known for centuries. People who understand these benefits or who have experienced health improvements first hand will travel miles to obtain pure, fresh spring water. Natural spring water rises to the land surface naturally. Some health experts feel that this means it is ready to be consumed as opposed to artesian water that is brought to the surface prematurely. Spring water contains antioxidants and is a natural anti-inflammatory agent. Spring water is alive and when it comes straight from the ground it has nourishing qualities that are not present in purified water. One thing to be cautious of when drinking spring water is that it could contain contaminants and therefore should be tested before consumption.

Many of you may have heard holistic health educators extolling the virtues of drinking natural spring water. David Wolfe and a number of other raw food enthusiasts drink spring water exclusively. Here is a clip from Daniel Vitalis, the creator of Find A Spring.com, telling you a bit more about the site and how you can help by being a spring water detective in your neck of the woods:


I've talked so much about the importance of true hydration at Raw Food Rehab. It is one of the most foundational and necessary elements when you are working on obtaining optimal health or when focusing on achieving your weight loss goals. If you'd like to learn more about the benefits of hydration and to find out how much you should be consuming in water each day, click here.

I am curious to know what your experiences are with finding natural spring water near where you live. Do you know of any sources in your area? Have you checked to see if they are listed on the FindaSpring site? I'd love to hear from you in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment