Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Yummy Raw Kitchen


Continuing with my series on highlighting some of the tremendously talented bloggers within the raw food community, this week I'm featuring - Nikki Walker. Nikki has been a member of Raw Food Rehab since its conception back in June of 2009, and over the past several months, her creativity and personal achievements have her shining her creative light brightly all over the internet with her blog, Yummy Raw Kitchen.

I asked Nikki to give us a little glimpse into her world and how she made the connection with raw foods:

"I'm a 33 year old Registered Nurse and I live in Seattle, WA with my amazing boyfriend, Soto, and the best cat ever, Pixi. When I'm not completely nerding out over raw food I love anything that has to do with music, especially going to see live shows and record shopping, bikram yoga, taking long walks around the city, and going on road trips to spend time with my family.

I've been flirting with the raw lifestyle since the summer of 2008, but have really honed it in since starting the initiative. Eating a clean, living diet has done a lot for me, including almost 40 pounds of weight loss (I'm finally comfortable in my body), more energy, and the confidence and mental clarity to make some positive changes in my career & relationships. I didn't even really tell anyone that I had changed my diet until people started noticing the changes and inquiring about it. Now I have a handful of friends and family drinking green smoothies, and my boyfriend, sister, and mom (Cheri Scott, new RFR member!) are eating high raw diets and feeling the benefits. Aside from all the serious health stuff, the fun part for me is the creative time I spend in my kitchen. Learning to make yummy raw food has opened up a new playground of flavors, techniques and ingredients to experiment with. I love making raw dishes that my non-raw (now becoming higher raw) friends and family enjoy. I started Yummy Raw Kitchen because I was so excited about making healthy food that tastes really good."


As you can see from the eye candy above, Yummy Raw Kitchen is a blog you'll want to add to your list to follow. You can also friend request Nikki on Raw Food Rehab and show her some love for all the fun & creativity she brings to our world!

Also, my friend and awesome blogger, Terilynn Eppseron, of The Daily Raw Cafe, did a special feature on yours truly today. To check out her blog-iliciousness and to find out 10 things about me that you may not know, visit The Daily Raw Cafe.

Congratulations to the 1st winner of a Ronnie & Minh DVD - Going Raw! (Yes, I am going to make you watch today's video to see who the winner is : ) If you haven't put your name in to the mix to be one of our 7 winners, you need to go to yesterday's main forum post on Raw Food Rehab to get the skinny! To see all of the awesome March Madness offers so far.....CLICK HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment